Spun wool Lampshades (3)

Dismantling an old lampshade to use its frame.

For this piece, I created an extra ring at the base of the lampshade using wire.

I wrapped the wire with my 2ply wool (dyed and undyed)


I am so happy with how this piece looks. I decided to use similar colours when adding the dyed wool as I thought using all of the colours could make it look a bit strange/ messy. The way the light shines through the gaps creates beautiful patterns on the dark too. I did use a glue gun to secure some parts to the wire but luckily the glue is transparent and hidden well.

To create this smaller lampshade, I wrapped undyed wool around an old lampshade frame.

Although I do love the coloured stripes in the first piece, I also love the simplicity in this lampshade. The light bulb shines through the wool creating a warm yellow colour. With this piece not having the underside woven like in the first piece, It was much quicker to make.

For this next piece, I created a basic lampshade shape using bought lampshade fames, and card.


I then wrapped the lampshade with undyed wool, just as I did with the previous shade.

Using card to create this lampshade created a whole different look. The shade didn't have any gaps at all to see the bulb, so the colour that comes through it is much softer. I like this piece, however it was much easier using an old lampshade frame to wrap around rather than once I made myself.

🌱Kat Webb🌱

 

Comments

Popular Posts