Spinning Wool On A Spinning Wheel


Here is a photo of my new spinning wheel 'Mabel'.

 Due to Covid-19, I was able to have my university bursary (Metcard) money loaded into my personal bank account. This gave me the opportunity to buy this spinning wheel as well as mu drum carder. This is a piece of equipment that I would have spent a long time saving up for without this money.

Spinning single ply & 2 ply sheep's wool
Watch video on full screen

For my uni project 'Unit X', this spinning wheel has halved the time it would have taken to spin my wool using my drop spindle. It is definitely more complex than using a drop spindle, however every time I use it I get better. The hardest part of spinning wool is keeping the thickness and spin even. When plying wool I have been finding this difficult, but practice makes perfect! I'm excited to have a go at spinning new types of wool this summer as I have got a few alpaca fleeces waiting to be spun!

🌱Kat Webb🌱

Comments

Popular Posts